As An Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases
Have you ever spend time in the woods? Have you ever enjoyed archery?
Archery is a very interesting hobby it does not matter if it is for fun or for hunting. Hunting has also proven to be important exercise both mentally and physically.
Bows have been in use for many years since the beginning of human history for hunting food and in warfare. In the modern world, bows are used in sport and recreational activities. Their models have been advanced with the arrival of new technology not much has changed.
In the early years, bows were usually made using bamboo, yew, rosewood, and etc. What are modern bows made of? They are mostly made using carbon fibers and fiber glasses.
Bows are usually preferred over guns in hunting because they are quieter. There are many types of bows and arrows.
So how many types of bows are there? There are close to 8 types of bows types of arrows include clout, target, barreled and breasted among others. Before buying a bow one should consider its use and also his preferences.
Types of Archery Bows
Long Bows vs. Recurve Bows
There are many forms of archery i.e. target archery, field archery, hunting, traditional archery, and 3D archery. Choosing between recurve bows and longbows depends on the style of archery you are planning to practice. Some of these forms specify the type of bows to be used like in Olympic target archery while others will go with the preferences of the archer.
This is ideal for fun hunting and traditional archery. They can also be used in field and bowhunting.
Can be used for target archery, field archery, and bowhunting.
How to Make Different Types of Bow.
- Find a tree, usually, oak recommended.
- Cut and split the tree approximately 6 inches by 1 in thickness.
- Let the wood to dry usually 3 – 4 weeks.
- Debark your bow with a drawknife and mark the shape of a broadside.
- Smoothen the shape using the drawknife.
- Taper the sides of the limbs with the knife.
- Make string grouser at400 angle on the outside
- Sand down the edges and tips, front and back surface
- Create a tiller tree to test flexibility
- Shorten the parachute cord to make a small bend in bow.
- Sand and finish the bow.
- Paint the bow dry and wrap the handle with heap cord
- Create final bowstring.
What is the best type of bow? In most cases, the compound bow has proven to be the best. Choosing a bow requires a lot more than the consideration of just price; your interest, your strength, type of archery and much more. For a beginner compound bow or crossbows are the best choice but if you like challenge recurve bow is the one for you.